Friday’s Tasks (17th April)-Mrs Pye

ANZAC Thinking

Watch this Youtube Story “ANZAC Biscuits” and answer the  questions below. Write on a google doc and share with me or write on paper, photograph it and email.

1. What does A.N.Z.A.C. stand for?
  2. When did the name ANZACS begin to be used for NZ and Australian soldiers?
  3. “The young soldier quaked” -what does this mean?
  4. Listen for how the guns are described just after  4mins.  The author gives  the guns emotions like a person. What does it say? the ____________ guns.
  5. What are three things (use text) you think the solider missed about not being home?
  6. Why did ANZAC biscuits become such a symbol of World War One?

ANZAC Thinking

Mrs J has set a whanau challenge of making an ANZAC poppy. Have a look at her suggestions here.

Make some ANZAC biscuits for your family.

Maths

Talk with your family about how far 1 kilometre is.  Ask them each how many steps they think they would take to walk one kilometre. Write down their opinions.

Go for a one kilometre walk. Count how many steps you took.  How close were you to your ESTIMATE? Email me with your estimated and actual results.

Don’t know where 1km would be? Could you drive one km then go back and walk it?

OR watch this video to see how to use google maps to measure

By | 2020-04-16T15:06:49+00:00 16th April 2020|Room 1 Home Learning|

About the Author:

Mandy
I teach part time in the senior school. I am passionate about good quality teaching and engaging students. In my spare time I like to spend time with the family, especially on the boat or biking. I also like to run.

Leave A Comment